Government Allows Booster Doses For All
In India, private vaccination centres are ready to roll out the booster doses of COVID-19. As per the government now all the people above 18 years of age are eligible for booster shots.
As per the announcement made by the Health Ministry, “It has been decided that the precaution dose of Covid vaccines will be made available to the 18-plus population group at private vaccination centres. This facility would be available at all private vaccination centres.”
As for the free vaccination programme that the government operates, it will continue to serve the shots of first and second doses to the eligible citizens. Free services also include booster doses but only for healthcare workers, frontline workers, and the population aged 60 and above.
Eligibility Set For Booster Dose
There are two conditions under which anyone can become eligible for booster doses. (A) A person should be 18 years or above and (B) have completed nine months after getting a second vaccination dose. The booster doses are made available by the government at private vaccination centres from April 10.
Note: It is made clear by the Government that mixing of vaccination shots is not allowed nor advised. For example, those who have been vaccinated with Covaxin before as first and second doses will get Covaxin only at the time of booster doses.
Also read:These Government Services Will Stop If PAN-Aadhaar Still Not Linked
How To Register For Booster Dose?
- If you are eligible under the above two conditions, visit this site or please register yourself on the Arogya Setu app. You will need to register or verify yourself through an online OTP and mobile number.
- As government rules, you can either use your pre-registered Cowin Account to register again for booster dose or you can apply for a new account with a unique phone number.
- After completing the registration process, you will need to update your identity proof on the Cowin homepage.
- Use an Aadhaar or ID card to register yourself.
- Once you are vaccinated with a booster dose the new status will appear on the Cowin portal.