IRCTC New Guideline For Ticket Cancellation
There is a new update for all the railway passengers, as millions of them travel daily. Recently, IRCTC has been introducing many updates regarding railway tickets. It is important to keep track of them and follow those updates. They are created for the benefit and convenience of passengers.
This time IRCTC is introducing a new rule regarding the ticket cancellation process. Sometimes there are some emergencies in which you want to cancel your tickets. But you cannot do so at the last moment when the chart has been prepared, as you will not get a refund. But this is the rule that the Railway gave information on. If you want to cancel your train tickets, then you are eligible to get a refund even after the chart preparations.
IRCTC Tweets and shares a video on their official handle. “File train ticket TDR from your IRCTC ticketing account in these simple steps and claim a refund,” Tweet said. In simple terms passengers now need to file TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) to get a refund after cancellation. Video shares the information for the passengers on how to file TDR to get a refund.
Also read:Indian Railway: Now Scan QR To Book Tickets Online
Steps To File TDR Online
- Go to the official website .
- On the homepage click on ‘My Account’
- Follow drop-down menu and click on ‘My Transactions’
- Now look for the TDR options and click on ‘File TDR’
- On the next page fill in your details about the PNR number, train number and complete the captcha.
- Tick the box of ticket cancellation
- The name of the person will appear on whose name the booking is done.
- Click on the submit button
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number
- Fill out the OTP and complete the verification, then submit.
- Verify the status and click on ‘Cancel Ticket’
- On the next, you will see the refund amount which you will get.
- Finally, you will get the status information on your mobile number which will have refund details.