IRCTC has introduced new rates as well as new rules for ordering breakfast, lunch and dinner on premium trains. Ordering these meals on the premium trains will now cost ₹50 more to the passengers if they don’t pre-book it while booking the tickets. The new charges will be applicable on these premium trains “Shatabdi Express, Rajdhani Express, Vande Bharata Express, Tejas Express, Shatabdi Express and Duronto Express.”
IRCTC Releases New Rates For Meals
Indian Railway Board issued a notification to the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) which states that an additional charge of ₹50 will be levied from the passengers if the meal is not pre-booked while making reservations. However, it is also requested from IRCTC to not take any type of service charge or convenience fee on tea and coffee ordered by the passengers who had made a pre-booking.
Rates for Rajdhani, Duronto, and Shatabdi Express (1A or EC Class)
- Passengers will have to pay ₹190 for ordering breakfast and evening meals against the previous of ₹140 if the pre-booking has not been made.
- For lunch and dinner ₹290 will be charged instead of ₹240.
Rates For Rajdhani, Duronto, and Shatabdi Express (2AC/3A/CC)
- Instead of ₹105, the passengers travelling in 2AC/3A/CC classes will have to pay ₹155 for breakfast.
- Evening snacks will cost ₹140
- Launch and dinner for ₹235 instead of ₹185.
Rates For Vande Bharat
- If travelling in Vande Bharata expresses then for breakfast you will have to pay ₹205 instead of ₹155.
- For snacks, you will have to pay ₹155 instead of ₹105.
- lunch and dinner will be for ₹294 instead of ₹244.