India’s premier space reserach organization ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) has published recruitment notification for the post of Scientist/Engineer.
Engineering graduates who are aspiring to join this coveted organization now have a golden opportunity in their hands. Those preparing for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering) 2020 would have more opportunities now as the level and syllabus of both the exams are almost the same for a given discipline of Engineering.
Application for the post has already started from yesterday and would be live till the first week of November. However, we would advise the aspirants to avoid the last hour rush and make the application well before the last date.
Aspirants who are interested in making an application for the post must make themselves aware of the important dates related to the exam process. For your quick reference, we have tabled the important dates below:
|Start of Online Application Process||15th October, 2019|
|Last Date For Making Online Application||4th November, 2019|
|Last Date For Paying Application Fee||6th November, 2019|
|Release Of Admit Card For Written Exam||Last Week of December 2019|
|Date of Written Exam||12th January, 2020|
Applications are invited in “On-line’ mode only. The option to pay the application fee would be open through both online and offline channels.
The official notification of ISRO mentions some basic minimum eligibility criteria for the purpose of recruitment to the given post. Before making an application candidates must check their eligibility against the mentioned criteria to avoid rejection of candidature.
The important eligibility criterions are mentioned below for your reference:
- Age: Applicant must not be more than 35 years of age (Relaxable for Reserved Categories and Ex-Servicemen) as on 04.011.2019. There is no minimum age of application mentioned in the official notification.
- Education: Applicant must have passed BE/ B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 in the given discipline.
The vacancies are published based on the Engineering disciplines. That is one would only be eligible to apply for vacancies against the posts suitable to the stream/discipline in which one has done Engineering.
Further details about vacancies are tabled below, check them out:
|Post Code||Post Name||Total Posts Available|
|BE001||Scientist/Engineer – SC (Electronics)||131|
|BE002||Scientist/Engineer – SC (Mechanical)||135|
|BE003||Scientist/Engineer – SC (Computer Science)||58|
|BE008||Scientist/Engineer-SC (Electronics) – Autonomous Body||03|
Vacancies against each postcode has certain reservations for PWD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates apart from the regular reservation for certain classes. For those details, applicants are advised to check the official notification of ISRO.
Application Fee is applicable for certain class of aspirants while others are exempted from the same. The details about application fee is tabled below:
|INR 100||INR 100||INR 100||Nil||Nil|
Applicants are required to follow the below-given process to submit their application successfully.
- Visit the official website: https://apps.isac.gov.in/CentralBE-2019/advt.jsp
- Fill in the Registration form and click submit
- Password and Login ID would be generated
- Use the details generated during the registration process for login
- Fill in the detailed application form and upload signature and photograph
- Pay the Application Fee (if applicable) and click on Submit
Venues For Exam
The 12 venues (cities) for ISRO’s written exam would be:
- New Delhi