All eligible people who are required to file their ITR this year should know that the Government has set the last date for ITR filing for 2023-24 as July 31, 2023. You will have to prepare your ITR report and file it into the system through the official e-filing portal managed by the Income Tax Department.
ITR Filing Last Date Finalized
At the end of every financial year, the taxpayers have to complete the process of ITR filing. The annual financial year starts from April 1st to March 31st every year.
The Government had increased the last date to file ITR for the previous year due to multiple reasons, but this year this will probably not be the case. As a matter of fact, the Central Board of Direct Taxes or CBDT had already notified the modified ITR forms in advance for the AY 2023-24.
But in case you are not familiar with the ITR filing process then follow the steps given below. Completing this process before the deadline will save you from paying a penalty.
First, you should know that you can start filing income tax returns for AY 2023-24 from April 1, 2023, as an assessment year starts on April 1st only. Thus, preventing the Government from charging a penalty.
Also read:Apply For a Tatkaal Passport With These Steps, Know About Fees and Other Details
Easy Steps for Filing ITR for AY 2023-24
- First, visit the official website of the Income Tax Department.
- Then sign up yourself if you are a new user or log in with your credentials.
- Now access the homepage and click on the ‘e-file’ menu.
- Click on the link for Income Tax Return.
- An online ITR form will be displayed on your screen.
- Now, enter all the asked details.
- Visit the ‘Taxes Paid and Verification’ section.
- You can choose to opt for e-verify or not.
- As the last step verify all the details and go for the final submission.