Currently, there are only two telco giants that have captured the 5G market in India. Jio and Airtel 5G, have initiated the first stage of the 5G network launch, by making available the ultra-high-speed network in major metro cities.
Jio 5G is available in Mumbai, Delhi, Varanasi, and Kolkata, whereas Airtel 5G has been launched in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Siliguri, Nagpur and Varanasi. So, here’s the next one million-dollar question- In Which Cities Jio and Airtel 5G Services Will Be Landing Next?
Jio And Airtel 5G Launching In These Cities Next
As part of the first phase, 5G services will be launched in 13 cities in India, announced by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) earlier. So, it’s obvious that the remaining cities are going to be covered by Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel in the coming months. But there is also a backlash, that the 5G services are not that effective as you move away from the installed tower range. It currently does not cover the whole city.
Here’s a List of Cities That Are Getting Airtel 5G Services Next:
Here’s a List of Cities That Are Getting Airtel 5G Plus Services Next:
Here Are Few Facts About Coming 5G Services:
- 1.5 billion people will have access to the 5G network by 2024, as per researchers.
- It will be a lot faster than then current 4G, as 5G will even surpass the speed of 1 Gbps, which is enough to download HD movies in less than 10 seconds
- Unexpectedly low latency. During the 5G testing, Verizon, a Multinational Telecommunications Company, reported that it witnessed a latency of 30 ms. With the evolution of this technology, the expected latency range will be between 1-4 ms.
- Ultimate network strength in Rural areas.
- Your 5G device would be able to link with more and more IOT devices.
- 5G will enable defence tech and firewalls to improve their capabilities which will benefit public safety.