About Rice Kheer Recipe | Kheer Recipe: Kheer is a rice pudding made across India, it is similar to rice payasam made in south Indian homes. One of the most loved Indian desserts rice Kheer can be made quickly and easily with only a couple of ingredients. Kheer is without a doubt the perfect dish to celebrate a festival or simply prepare as dessert at home after a good dinner.
Ingredients of Rice Kheer (Chawal Ki Kheer) Recipe: Sweet dish of Rice cooked with Milk, Raisins and Cardamom, Garnished with Almonds.
» Cook Time
- Total Cook Time – 35 mins
- Prep Time – 10 mins
- Cook Time – 25 mins
- Recipe Servings – 4
» Ingredients of Rice Kheer
- 5 Cups milk, full cream
- 1/4 cup rice (washed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10-12 Raisins
- 4 Green cardamoms
- 10-12 almonds (shredded), blanched
» How to Make Rice Kheer
- Boil the rice and milk in a deep pan.
- Simmer over low flame, stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked and the milk becomes thick.
- When done add sugar, raisins and cardamom.
- Stir till sugar gets dissolved properly.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Key Ingredients:Milk, Rice (washed), Sugar, Raisins, Green Cardamoms, Almonds (Shredded)
Recipe Notes ‣ You may add broiled saffron, if desired. ‣ You may add rose water to further enhance its flavor. ‣ Did you know that Kheer can also be made with Paneer? Yes, you can have your very own Paneer Kheer at home. ‣ Payasam is a south Indian version of Chawal ki kheer and we have got a list of best recipes of cooking Payasam at home.