Digilocker Aims For Digital Empowerment
A high-class initiative launched by The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) the ‘Digilocker’ is an online platform with which citizens can have their digital document wallet. In this wallet, all the documents will be safe and secure, with an advanced encryption facility powered by the Government. Digilocker is the part of Digital India Initiative focused on Digital Empowerment.
This Digital India Initiative is created with the aim to minimize the use of physical documents. With this digital document wallet, you can store a large number of online documents. Users can immediately operate their private cloud account after linking their Aadhaar Card. This express service is possible because of the collaboration between Digilocker and UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
The benefits of having a digital Aadhaar Card are more than having a physical one. The holder can send or show their IDs to any organization or government authority electronically. This eradicates the need for photocopies and printings.
Also read:New Ration Card Rules Are To Be Applied By Central Government
How To Link Aadhaar Card And Digilocker With Simple Steps?
The process to link Aadhaar Card and Digilocker is very simple, especially when you have your mobile number linked to Aadhaar.
Follow These Six Steps:
- First login into your Digilocker account with credentials.
- After logging in you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar on the dashboard.
- There will be a small box, please check it after entering the aadhaar.
- After that, on your screen there will be an option saying Link now, so please select it.
- Here starts the verification process, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and verify yourself by clicking on the Verify option in the drop-down menu.
Important Note: If your mobile number is not linked with an Aadhaar Card then you will have trouble linking it with your Digilocker.