The last date set by the Government to link your PAN-Aadhaar is approaching fast. As per the Authority, March 31, 2023, is the deadline for completing the linking process. This time, as per the number of times the deadline was extended, there will be no further extensions. Furthermore, you should not only worry about the deadline but there are also major financial consequences for not linking your PAN-Aadhaar before the deadline.
Here are the Consequences If You Fail to link PAN-Aadhaar Before the Deadline:
- PAN Card will become inoperative after that you will not be able to complete major financial tasks.
- A taxpayer will not be able to file ITR.
- Pending returns will not be able to be processed further.
- Inoperative PANs will not be able to receive the pending refunds.
- The government will not be able to proceed with pending business related to income tax.
- Tax will be deducted at a higher rate than normal if PAN becomes inoperative.
Steps For Linking Your PAN-Aadhaar Online:
- Go to the official e-filing portal of the IT Department.
- Now select the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option placed under the ‘Quick Links’ section.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your personal details such as PAN, Aadhaar number, etc.
- After that complete all the prompts and verify yourself with OTP verification.
Also read:Income Tax: Check If You Are Eligible to File ITR-1 Sahaj Form
Steps for Linking Your PAN-Aadhaar Online via SMS:
- Send this format “UIDPAN (10-digit PAN card number), 12-digit Aadhaar card number, and space” to this number 567678 or 56161″.
- Then you will receive an SMS regarding the linking process and in a few days you will receive the confirmation of completion only if the DOB matches both documents.
“An individual shall be liable for all repercussions under the I-T Act when a PAN expires on March 30 according to a circular from the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), which sets policy for the Income Tax department.”