Uttar Pradesh will go into lockdown from July 11, starting from 10 AM till 5 AM on Monday (13 July) ordered the Yogi government.
The government, however, insisted that it is not a lockdown. It said the authorities have imposed curbs on certain activities to check the spread of the coronavirus disease.
During the lockdown, except essential and some other services, everything else will remain closed.
Here’s what will remain operational
- Eateries and petrol pumps alongside highways can open.
- No restriction on movement of those working in essential services, corona warriors, sanitation and the door-step delivery staff.
- The railway can continue operation. But passengers can only travel on buses arranged by Uttar Pradesh Road Transport Corporation
- Air services (both domestic and international) would also continue as before. There would also no curbs on the movement of people from airports to their destinations.
- Goods carrier vehicles can operate.
- Industrial units, which work continuously, would remain open in rural areas.
- Big construction works of expressways, bridges, roads and private projects would also continue.
Here’s what will remain shut
- All offices and markets to remain shut.
- Bus services, other than those ferrying passengers to railway stations, to not be allowed.
- Industrial units, barring those industrial units which work continuously, to remain closed.
- The UP government order also said that at every public place, an awareness programme would continue with the help of the public address system against Covid-19 and communicable diseases.
- The magistrates and police officers would hold joint patrolling to ensure no rule violation.