In case you have lost or misplaced your SBI Debit Card or even if it has been stolen, then you can and should block your debit card immediately. Do so either by calling the customer care number or visiting your bank’s branch, or Internet banking. Moreover, if you are a foreign customer who lives in the US or Canada, you can still block your card with these options.
SBI Debit Card Blocking Terms As Per SBI
So according to SBI’s website, there are a few points to remember before blocking your card:
- If you have lost or misplaced your SBI debit card or ATM card, then you should block it immediately via online services.
- You should have a mobile number linked to your bank account to do that.
- You will be asked for the correct mobile number and account number and if the details are correct, you will receive an OTP.
- After entering the sent OTP, all the cards linked to your account will be displayed. They will be half-masked.
- Then you will select the card which you want to block and then confirm it.
- But remember after blocking a card you cannot unblock it.
Different Method To Block Your SBI Debit Card
- Visit the bank’s page to block your card via this link .
- Next, enter all the details like card number, account number, etc. and verify yourself through the captcha.
Via Toll-Free Number
1800 11 2211 or 1800 425 3800, calling on either of these numbers will let you block your ATM or Debit card much faster. Just follow the instructions that you will get after dialling the number.
To block your card via SMS just send a message BLOCK XXXX, where XXXX will be the 4 last digits of your card, to 567676. You will receive a confirmation message from the bank as a reply.
Charges After Renewal
As per SBI’s regulations, “The cardholder shall always maintain a such minimum balance in the designated account, as Bank may stipulate from time to time. Bank reserves the right at any time to charge the cardholder for the issue or reissue of a Card and/or any fees/charges for the transactions carried out by the cardholder on the Card.”