The digital payments system of India has been reshaped by the Unified Payments Interface or UPI. The reason behind the massive success of this payment interface is its ease of use, instant transactions, 24 hrs availability and highly encrypted transfers. From street vendors to shopping malls, UPI is accepted everywhere. But irrespective of being so successful, UPI still lacked some features. That’s why the Government took the initiative to link UPI with credit cards also.
UPI Payments Via Credit Cards
To make UPI payments through a credit card from any bank, the person will have to add his credit card to his or her preferred UPI app. The linking service was only limited to bank accounts previously, but later the option was introduced to add credit and debit cards also.
So, when RBI announced, it informed that only the Rupay credit cards will be able to be linked for a short period of time and later all the others like Visa and MasterCards will be able to be linked.
Simple Steps to Make UPI Payments With Credit Cards of Different Banks:
For UPI Transactions With SBI Credit Card:
- Access the ‘payment’ channel with your SBI Card or SBI Mobile app.
- Enter your credit card number and the exact amount you need to pay.
- Next, choose UPI as your preferred payment mode.
- Now choose between ‘Enter your VPA’ or ‘Scan QR code to pay.
- After selecting the option you prefer, proceed further and authorise the payment.
- On the final page, you will see the confirmation message.
- The transaction after being your amount debited will reflect on your credit card account.
For UPI Transactions With HDFC Credit Card:
- Launch BHIM UPI app on your mobile.
- Select the ‘Send Money’ option.
- Choose to pay through UPI ID and select the credit card.
- Now enter the mobile number and MMID.
- complete the payment after entering a 4-digit UPI PIN.
For UPI Transactions With Axis Credit Card:
- Open the UPI payment app
- Choose the send money option.
- Now enter your Axis credit card bill UPI ID.
- Next, verify yourself and enter the card amount to send.
- Lastly, complete the transaction after entering the UPI PIN.
For UPI Transactions With PNB Credit Card:
- In your UPI app, add your bank account to generate a VPA and UPI PIN for making payments later.
- Then select the pay button.
- Provide your credit card details.
- Now make the payment to the beneficiary either through UPI ID or VPA.
- If you receive the transaction confirmation message.
For UPI Transactions With Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card:
- Launch BHIM UPI App and go to the ‘My Kotak’ section.
- Go to the send money option and either select ‘Pay to Account’ or ‘Pay to VPA’.
- Select whether you want to send money through VPA or UPI ID and type the same details of the beneficiary.
- Enter the amount, enter the PIN and send the money.
For UPI Transaction With a Bank of India Credit Card:
- Launch the UPI App.
- Tap on ‘Transfer Money’ and then click on ‘Send’.
- Then select ‘A/C IFSC’.
- Click on ‘Bank of India’.
- Then enter the IDFC code of BOI and enter the beneficiary name.
- Next, provide an ‘Account Number’ and then a 16-digit BOI credit card number.
- Enter the amount and press the ‘Send’ option.
For UPI Transaction With IDBI Bank Credit Card:
- Choose any UPI app.
- Give the IDBI Bank Credit Card bill UPI ID in the app.
- Verify the name and enter the credit card payment amount.
- Enter the UPI PIN and complete the transaction.
For UPI Transaction With CANARA Bank Credit Card:
- Open your UPI app and proceed with the UPI payment.
- Use the Canara Bank credit card bill UPI ID.
- Now get the name verified and enter the payment amount.
- Next, enter your UPI PIN and complete the transaction.
- You will receive the confirmation on your credit card app.