Proposals are a nervous affair, especially for a guy because literally, a girl wouldn’t have to do much just because we guys are not the kind to remember how good or bad the proposal was for the entirety of our life.
Anyways, it is a known fact that nervousness could lead to accidents and something similar happened with this couple from England.
The British man wanted to make the day special for his girl by proposing her to marry him but he accidentally ended up burning down the whole apartment where the awwww moment was supposed to happen.
Albert Ndreu had spelled out “Marry Me?” with candles to propose to Valerija Mavic. Ndreu briefly left their home to pick up his fiancé-to-be from work and returned to find dark smoke billowing from the apartment.
Fire tenders were called to doze off the fire.
However, even after the incident, not losing hope, Ndreu got down on one knee to propose. And as sirens wailed and the smoke cleared, Madevic said, “Yes.” Wohoooo!!!
“I wanted to do something from my heart even if it didn’t go exactly as planned,” Ndreu recalled, per SWNS. “Valerija always says the most important thing is the small gestures every day – but I wanted to do something special for the proposal.”
“I wanted to say something like she was the light of my heart, but maybe that was too much light,” he continued. “I was so worried about everything going wrong I never imagined I could set the house on fire.”