MINI Cooper SE Electric Finally Launched in India
MINI, a BMW-owned brand, has offered a new launch of Cooper SE Electric in the country. This is the second offering of the BMW group of electric vehicles in India. Cooper SE has come to our country as a CBU, which means ‘Complete Built Unit.’ In other words, it has been imported to the country after the complete assembling process. The ex-showroom price offer for a single variant is Rs 47.20 Lakh. We can say that the Cooper Electric SE is the most affordable luxury electric car that we have on sale.
This model can be a great success for MINI with no extreme rivalry at the current time. Compared to the petrol MINI Cooper, the electric-powered Cooper SE demands an extra premium of Rs.8 lakh. Petrol-type Cooper was launched last year, and the pre-booking response was very positive. The company sold 30 units within a few days, even before the launch.
Features of Iconic ‘MINI Cooper SE Electric’
- Electric MINI Cooper SE features the iconic hatchback structure, with some decent changes, which include an optimistic yellow accent, grille & ORVMs, and a shining E-badge.
- Stunning 17-inch alloy wheels that give the power to attract every car lover.
- The cabin structure is still the same as the old version of Cooper but with a new colour shade, neon yellow.
- Electrifying Harman Kardon Audio unit & central touchscreen infotainment system.
- It has a multifunctioning steering wheel.
- The car is loaded with handy features like wireless smartphone charging.
- Cooper has a single electric motor that produces 181 Bhp and a max torque of 270 Nm.
- 32.6 kWh lithium-ion battery pack is installed in this car, which gives a backup of 270 miles on a single charge.
- With the powerful electric motor, the car picks up the speed from 0-100 kph in 7.3 seconds.
- The charging time of Cooper is 2.5 hours to reach 80% battery capacity.