Monsoon brings us relief from heat waves but also has challenges when it comes to hair and skincare. Humidity and irregular temperature at times cause damage to our hair. In this article, we are focusing on some simple yet effective ways for monsoon hair care.
Monsoon Hair Care Tips
Monsoon brings hair issues like frizz, dandruff, and hair fall. A bit of care can help in getting rid of these problems. Let’s have a look at the tips that you can practice to keep your hair healthy in the rainy season.
- Avoid Getting Your Hair Wet In Rain -In case you love rain, bathing in rain can be a good deal but it is not good for your hair. Rainwater in hair scalps can cause irritation and wet hair often breaks more. If you travel during the rainy season, make sure that you carry an umbrella or wear a raincoat.
- Do Not Miss Shampooing – If you get wet in the Rain, shampooing is a must. Rainwater unbalances the PH level of the scalp and makes it greasy. Applying shampoo and conditioner to the hair balances the PH level and washes off the dirt particles also. After shampooing, dry your hair properly. Dryers and microfiber towels can be used.
- Don’t Comb Wet Hair – Never comb wet hair in monsoons or any season. Hair is weakest when wet and combing them like that can also bring fungal infections.
- Short Hairs Are Fair Deals – It is always better to keep your hair short if you cannot maintain them. Getting them trimmed at certain intervals makes things better.
- Use Natural Products – Using chemical products might look like a good short-term plan but it causes severe damage to roots and tips in the long run. Switch to natural products like hibiscus, aloe vera, shikakai, reetha, onion oil, black seed oil, etc for good hair.
- Don’t Underestimate Oiling – Oiling your hair with a good oil once or twice a week gives strength to the roots and makes the texture better.
- Role of a Healthy Diet – A healthy and balanced diet is very important for good hair. Have a diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins.