PAN Card or Permanent Account Number is a 10-digit unique alphanumeric code which is assigned to every tax-paying individual, firm, business organisation, enterprise, and even government authority that is generating income. They all are required to have a PAN Card to carry out smooth business transactions.
Rules To Get A PAN Card For Minor or Juvenile
A minor or juvenile can also have a PAN. In India, there is no age limit for an individual to get a PAN Card. If even a minor is earning ₹15,000 P.M. then he or she is liable to file an ITR and to file one you will definitely need a PAN. Thus, there are no minimum age criteria set by the Government to own a PAN in the country.
Conditions in Which Minor Required a PAN:
- When the parents or guardian invests in his or her name.
- If you need to make your child a nominee of your investments.
- While opening a bank account.
- Lastly, in case a minor earns.
Who Will Apply For A Minor’s PAN?
“The application for making a minor’s PAN is made on behalf of his parents or whoever is the legal guardian. It is also the responsibility of the guardian to file an ITR on behalf of the child.”
“Since the PAN card issued in the name of a minor does not bear his photograph and signature, it cannot be used as identity proof. When the minor turns 18, he/she has to apply for a PAN update.”
How To Apply For PAN Card For Minor?
- First, open the official website of NSDL.
- Read all the instructions before filling out Form 49A.
- Now submit all the required documents. Remember, including the child, parents will also have to submit their IDs.
- On the next page, submit the fee and submit the application.
- Then note down the acknowledgement number and track your application with it.