Income Tax Department has advised PAN card holders to link their Permanent Account Number (PAN) with their Aadhar card number by March 31, 2022.
Failure to link PAN to Aadhar will cause PAN card to become invalid. If user wants to link PAN with Aadhar after March 31, 2022 they will have to pay fee of Rs 1,000.
Once PAN card will become invalid, users will not be able to invest in mutual funds, stocks. They will not be able to open bank account. PAN card has become necessary at a lot of places.
If a person shows an invalid PAN Card then he would be charged under section 272N of the Income Tax Act 1961. The Assessing Officer can impose a fine of Rs 10,000.
Look at ways in which PAN Card holders can link your Aadhar card with PAN.
- Send a message to 567678 or 561561
- Type a message in this format
- UIDPAN<SPACE><Aadhar Number><SPACE><PAN Number>
- After sending SMS, you will get an update on your mobile.
Through Online Link
- Go here
- Register yourself. PAN number will be User ID.
- After that you will see option to Link Aadhar
- Submit your PAN and Aadhar information.
Alternative Way To Link Online
- Go here
- Click on Link Aadhar
- Submit your PAN number, Aadhar number, Name, Mobile Number on Aadhar
- Click on Link Aadhar with Approval
Before You Link Your PAN Card and Aadhar Card
You should check that information given in PAN and Aadhar should be same.
If there is a mistake, rectify it first.
Then link your PAN Card with Aadhar Card.