PAN Card is a government ID that is issued by Income Tax Department. It is used by the government to keep an eye on financial transactions that a person performs. It has become a very important document over the year as it is required to file income tax return, to open bank account, to take benefits of welfare schemes by government, to get insurance and many more things. Now you can apply and check PAN Card Status online.
PAN is an alphanumeric 10 digit number that is unique for every individual. It is issued by Income Tax Department and is required for every financial transaction in India. Government has also made it mandatory to link your Aadhaar Card with PAN Card and mobile number by March 31.
This is the reason why it is important to have a PAN Card and if you don’t have it then apply for one right now from your home. If you have applied for PAN Card and have not received it yet; we will tell you few easy steps to check the update.
Steps To Check PAN Card Status
- Go to official website of Tax Information Network of Income Tax Department here.
- Look on left hand side of the website and find the tab ‘PAN’
- Under this click on ‘Know Status of Your Application’
- Select Application Type (PAN – New/Change Request or TAN – New/Change Request)
- Choose ‘PAN New/Change Request’
- Enter ‘Acknowledgement Number’
- Put Captcha Code as shown.
- Click on ‘Submit’
According to new update, Government of India and Income Tax Department has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card. The last date to do this on official portal of Income Tax Department is March 31, 2022. After March 31, 2022 you will have to pay fine of up to Rs 10000 to do the same task. You might face difficulty in doing several financial transactions like investment, PF etc. If you want to know easy steps to Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card click here.