Paytm Payments Bank Limited or PPBL has introduced an option to link Rupay Credit Card with UPI, hence a RuPay Credit Card on UPI. This will further make the payment system more convenient for both customers and merchants. PPBL is aiming towards making people adapt more and more to RuPay Credit Cards. Thus boosting the market share of in-house multinational financial and payments service provider RuPay.
Paytm Payments Bank Launched RuPay Credit Card on UPI
Paytm Payments Bank, on its official website, claims to be “a leader in the UPI space in P2M (peer to merchant) transactions, with the highest merchant partners in its ecosystem. PPBL registered 1,726.94 million transactions in December 2022. Further, the company said that it is one of the leading issuers and acquirer banks for National Electronics Toll Collection (NETC) FASTag.”
Benefits of Linking RuPay Credit Cards on UPI
- After the linking process, users will be able to activate their credit cards on UPI payment apps like BHIM UPI, Paytm, Gpay, etc.
- Post RuPay Credit Card and UPI linking process, the payees can scan the UPI QR codes of merchants or other users to pay through UPI apps and the amount will be deducted from their credit cards.
- High secure payment method being protected by end-to-end encryption.
- Transaction limits will be the same on UPI-linked RuPay Credit Card as the standard UPI system.
- Customer service features like dispute resolution will be available via ODR on the UPI app, along with the benefit of Autopay services.
Also read:PhonePe Users Can Now Make UPI Payments in These 5 Countries
Let’s See What Experts Say
“RuPay Credit Cards on UPI provide an unmatched user experience by combining the ease of UPI with RuPay Credit Cards. The rewards and benefits of RuPay Credit Cards will further be enhanced with the experience of digital enablement and the convenience of making all types of payments through a single UPI app. This will lead to the widespread usage of RuPay credit cards with convenient and faster payments across online and offline modes. We are very excited to launch RuPay Credit Cards on UPI with our home-grown Paytm Payments Bank,” said Praveena Rai, COO, NPCI
“As the leader in UPI, being the top beneficiary and acquirer bank with the largest P2M transactions, we are taking UPI to every nook and corner of the country. We are launching payments through RuPay Credit Card on UPI in partnership with NPCI, and believe that this will enable the convenience of payments, while also leading to greater penetration of the credit ecosystem in India,” said Surinder Chawla, MD and CEO, of Paytm Payments Bank