Prime Minister Narendra Modi held the first ‘virtual bi-lateral summit’ with his Australian counterpart, Scott Morrison, on Thursday. The Australian PM who shared his love for Indian cuisine by sharing his pics with ‘Samosa’ or what he calls “ScoMosas“ called for another Indian dish.
Said next time he would make Gujarati Khichdi. Morrison said that he would try that in kitchen next time. “I wish I could be there for what has become the famous ‘Modi hug’ & share my samosas. Next time, it will have to be the Gujarati Khichdi. I will try that in the kitchen before next time we meet in person“, he said.
Apart from this food discussion, there were other things also that were discussed during the conference. Here are the highlights from the conference:
- PM expressed his condolences to the COVID-19 affected people in Australia.
- PM Modi talked about endless opportunities to strengthen the friendship between the 2 nations. Talked about bi-lateral relations becoming a factor of stability for the region.
- Talks about ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ reforms were presented.
- Australian PM thanked PM Modi for his leadership role in G20, Indo-Pacific, and the stabilizing, constructive & very positive role in these tough times.
- The Australian PM said they are committed to an open, inclusive, and prosperous Indo-Pacific and India’s role in the region.
- Australian PM commend India on its leadership on taking Chair of WHO’s executive board.