PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation for the fourth time this morning as the country continues its fight against coronavirus. PM Modi began his speech lauding India’s early efforts to implement lockdown and other measures that have helped it curb the spread of the virus in the country.
Adding that India’s fight against coronavirus is going strongly, Modi said that India has set up an example for other countries. Modi talked about the importance of social distancing and quarantine in his 24 minutes address and asked people to follow the same until all this is over.
PM Modi announced the extension of lockdown till 3 May owing to the continuous demand from people and political parties to extend the lockdown. Also, PM Modi emphasised that the lockdown extension will be more strict than ever before.
The extension of lockdown will focus on restraining the spread of virus to new regions. PM Modi announced to take strigent actions to ensure no more hotspots’ of the virus emerge in the country.
Till 20 April, countrywide locations will be tracked and monitored for coronavirus infected. If no cases are found in a particular place or location, lockdown in that place will be eased, PM Modi said. This, as per PM Modi, will help the labourers to help them earn a livelihood, which has been affected due to lockdown.
PM Modi announced that India has sufficient food and medicine stock and health facilities are erecting at a large scale. India has over 1,00,000 beds today and 600 hospitals working solely to fight coronavirus.
PM, at last, said that he needs Indians support in severn things.
- Follow lockdown rules, social distancing norms.
- Make sure you take measures to boost your immunity suggested by Ayush Ministry.
- PM Modi also urged people to download Aarogya Setu app for the better tracing of coronavirus.
- Help the poor
- Show empathy against those working with you, don’t fire people.
- Those at the forefront in the fight against coronavirus – doctors, health officials, policemen… respect them.”
- Take care of those vulnerable in the family.