QR code-based payments have transformed the way we transact, providing both speed and convenience. It’s critical to keep cautious while using a mobile wallet or a banking app to avoid financial losses. Here are a few basic methods to keep your money secure while making QR code payments.
Tips To Keep Your Money Secure
- Verify the Recipient: Before scanning a QR code, double-check that you are sending money to the proper person. Scammers might substitute their codes for real ones. Always double-check the recipient’s name and contact information.
- Use Only Official Apps: For QR code payments, use only official and trustworthy applications. To ensure app legitimacy, only download apps from respected app shops such as Google Play or Apple’s App Store.
- Keep Your App Updated: Keep your payment app up to date with the most recent version. Security upgrades are frequently included in updates to secure your transactions.
- Secure Your Device: To unlock your smartphone, use strong PINs or biometric verification (fingerprint or face recognition). This offers an extra degree of protection if your device is lost or stolen.
- Enable App Locks: Many payment applications allow you to create a separate PIN or password to access the app. To prevent unwanted access, enable this option.
- Check for HTTPS: When making a payment on a website, make sure the URL begins with “https://.” This means that the connection is secure. Make no payments on insecure websites.
- Avoid Making QR Code Payments on Public Wi-Fi Networks: Avoid making QR code payments on public Wi-Fi networks. These networks are frequently less secure and vulnerable to interception by attackers.
- Check the Amounts: Examine the transaction information, including the amount, before confirming a payment. Scammers can modify the payment amount by tampering with the QR code.
- Review Transactions Regularly: Review your transaction history on your payment app regularly to discover any unlawful or strange payments. Any irregularities should be reported to your payment provider.
- Set Transaction Limits: Many apps allow you to establish daily or transactional restrictions. Set these limitations to protect your account from huge, unexpected withdrawals.