Amazon Pay has released the feature to recharge Delhi Metro Smart card online after Paytm, Google Pay, and Phone Pay. Now, the Delhi metro travellers can recharge their metro smart cards through Amazon Pay.
The DMRC has announced new terms of recharging the Delhi Metro smart cards through Amazon Pay. It is believed that this provision will bring convenience for commuters during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As per the statement released by DRMC, metro travellers can now easily access the Amazon shopping app to recharge their smart card.
How to Recharge Delhi Metro Smart Card Through Amazon Pay?
If you are looking for the most convenient way to recharge DMRC smart card, then Amazon Pay should be the first choice. Here are the steps for successful recharge.
- Open the Amazon Pay app or website.
- Now, go to the Amazon Pay tab and click on the ‘Metro Recharge’ option.
- After this, enter the Delhi Metro Smart card number.
- Select the amount between Rs 100 – Rs 2000 to recharge.
- Once the transaction is successful, place the card at the Automatic Vending Machine (AVM) at any Delhi Metro station
- Then, choose the ‘top-up’ option to add the balance to the smart card.
Recently, Delhi Metro authorities have announced several features for commuters such as the Delhi Metro smart card top-up through token vending machines (TVMs), the introduction of Delhi Metro Combo Cards with banks, UPI, e-wallets, or net banking facility using dmrcsmartcard.com, and debit or credit card transaction facility at metro stations.
The CEO of Amazon Pay, Mahendra Nerukar said “As part of our commitment to Amazon customers, we are creating and innovating new experiences constantly so that the users can make hassle-free digital payments. Commutation is one of the very important aspects of our lives and Delhi Metro is the lifeline for millions of people. Thus, we have initiated online DMRC cards recharge through Amazon Pay.”