UPI- A Major Success
In the past few years as a form of a digital payment system in India, UPI has become a huge sensation. Nobody was having the idea that the UPI system will garner such a response from the digital payees in India. But with the recent revelation by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) has made it clear that in April 2022 UPI system has broken all the transactional records in India. With April in the count, the transactional value of Unified Payments Interface has reached an all-time high of ₹10 trillion.
Check UPI Transaction Details
As per the reports of NPCI in April 2022 alone 5.8 billion UPI transactions were recorded and the transaction value hit ₹9.83 trillion as the fluidly used digital payments system garnered new users in the country.
Earlier in March of this year, 5.8 billion transactions were recorded executed by Unified Payments Interface which is valued at ₹9.6 trillion. This reveals a 3.3 per cent rise in transactions and a 2.36 per cent rise in its value every month.
However, if you notice every year, as compared to the previous year NPCI has recorded a 111 per cent rise in the volume of transactions and a 100 per cent rise in terms of value.
Also read:LIC IPO Opens Tomorrow, Key Points To Revise
Offline Unified Payments Interface Transactions
First, tell me, Have you ever felt frustrated over poor internet connectivity while making UPI payments? If yes, then you have come to the right article. Today, we will enlighten you about making UPI payments without any internet connection. For this first memorise a USSD code *99#. As anyone can use UPI in offline mode through the call dialler by using USSD code *99#.
Follow These Steps To Make UPI Payment Without Internet Connection?
- To initiate the process dial *99# on your smartphone or feature phone dialler.
- Please make the call with your registered number only.
- Now you will see a numbered list of menus offering different services including “send money, request money, check balance, my profile, pending requests, transactions, and UPI PIN.”
- To send money you will have to type 1 and then submit.
- On the next screen, the offline service will ask you how you want to send money either through UPI ID or Mobile Number or bank account number of the person, etc, just select the desired one.
- For the next step enter the amount and Unified Payments Interface PIN.
- Then on the successful transaction, the payee will be charged a maximum amount of ₹0.50 per transaction for using offline services.
- Remember the maximum limit to send money using offline mode is ₹5000.