Everyone knows about the iconic ‘Eiffel Tower’.
Some dream of visiting it with their loved ones and some, at least, want to witness this mesmerizing structure for real. No doubt, the structural design of this tower is magnificent, and no one would dare question that, right?
But what if I tell you that there was a lot of chance, that Eiffel Tower looked absolutely different from what it looks right now. Yeah, I am talking about the possibility, ‘What if one of the rejected designs was picked instead of the current one on which it was later created?’ The tower would look just as much iconic, or maybe not.
Check these rejected designs of Eifel tower and let me know what you think of them-
1. How about a gothic church look
2. Or a modified version of the current design
3. Or an intricate patterned conical design
4. Even the conical colosseum inspired look doesn’t look bad
5. Or this one, that looks like a cone being carved off from sides
6. Maybe this one, that looks like a Skyscraper from Hong Kong
7. This indeed looks like an ice-cream cone, on a cone on a cone and so on
Also Read: Jaw-Dropping Facts About Bajau People
8. Ok, this one looks like a gigantic screw. (Even I would have rejected it)
9. And this one looks inspired from Indian temples
10. Frankly, this one looks incomplete (Maybe that’s why it was rejected)
11. This one gives me the feels of a Mughal minar
12. And this one looks like Eiffel tower with an extra helping of buildings on top
13. Way too many circles in one tower, don’t you think
14. Now, this looks interesting, as if it’s hollow in the middle
It really must have been a confusing job to pick the design for Eiffel tower. I mean, given a chance I could have picked something else. Maybe the one that looks like a colosseum or maybe the one that looked like an ice-cream cone.