UPI (Unified Payments Interface) has completely changed the environment of online payments. People can now make or receive their payments quickly, safely, and securely with just a few taps on their mobile phones. People can make and receive payments in a hassle-free manner. UPI payments are the fastest way to make your online payments and UPI is also compatible with many different platforms and banking institutions. When there is a boom and spread of online payments, a rise to cybercrimes also comes hand in hand. Cybercriminals come up with several innovative strategies and approaches to scam people and take their money. People should be very cautious with these scams and should carry out their UPI payments very carefully.
Tips For Ensuring Safe UPI Payments
- Use Trusted UPI Application
With so many UPI applications available nowadays it is very important to choose the right, secure, and trusted application. Some of the trusted applications include Google Pay, PhonePe, and Paytm. All these trusted applications are maintained by major and trusted banks and financial institutions. So you need not to worry about your transactions.
- Verify The Receivers Before Making The Payment
Make sure to verify the details with the receivers details carefully. The details will include the receiver’s name, mobile number, and UPI ID. The sender should also verify the identity of the receiver using “Verify Payment Address” on your UPI application.
- Keep Your UPI Safe And Secure
Your UPI PIN is very important for all your financial transactions. Never share your UPI PIN with anyone and also make sure to never enter your UPI PIN on any website or application that is not trusted. And regularly keep updating your UPI PIN for safe and secure transactions.
- Beware Of The Phishing Scam
Phishing refers to scams in which the scammers try to trick you by revealing your personal data such as your bank account number or your UPI PIN. The phishing messages and emails look as of they are sent from some trusted and authorized sources but they are actually sent from the scammers. If you receive any such messages or emails, never click on any of these links or open any of the attachments instead you should contact and verify the sender.
- Protect Your Devices
Your mobile device is the main target for hackers. Always make sure to keep your mobile device safe and secure by installing security applications and keeping all your applications up-to-date and updated. People should also keep a strong password or a strong PIN to lock their mobile devices.
Additional Security Tips For The UPI Users
- Always use the biometric authentication method to log in to your UPI application.
- Always enable two-factor authentication for your UPI application as it will add an extra level of security and will always require a code to be entered whenever you try to make the payments.
- Never share your UPI ID or any bank account details on social media or any other public platforms to avoid any scams and loss of money.
- If you ever receive a call or any email demanding your UPI PIN or your bank account number, just cut the call or delete the message. And you should always be aware any of suspicious messages and calls.