Bollywood’s ‘Badshah Khan’ Shahrukh Khan (SRK) is not behind anyone when it comes to extending helping hand amidst the crisis. The actor who recently pledged his donation to four relief funds including the PM-CARES has now offered his office.
SRK and his wife Gauri have offered their 4-story personal office space to help expand the quarantine capacity in Mumbai. The building equipped with all essentials would be used for quarantining children, women and the elderly. The official Twitter handle of BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) tweeted the news and thanked both Shah Rukh and his wife Gauri Khan.
As the news broke out #SRKOfficeForQuarantine was trending on Twitter. Here is what the netizens have to say about SRK:
SRK has also contributed to:
- Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund
- Ek Saath – The Earth Foundation and Roti Foundation
- Providing daily food requirements for at least 5500 families in Mumbai for at least a month
- Providing 3 lakh meal kits to at least 10,000 people per day
- Providing basic essentials and daily items to at least 2500 daily wage workers in Delhi
- Providing a monthly stipend to over 100 acid attack survivors
The actor who is also the Brand Ambassador of West Bengal announced several initiatives for the state. This includes supporting the healthcare providers of West Bengal (and Maharashtra) with 50,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits.