The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has implemented a simplified system for updating members’ account details, which includes necessary changes such as Aadhaar information and eleven other critical areas. The organization’s new circular intends to promote speedier profile changes for EPF members, making it easier to collect cash without experiencing denials. According to the reports, this approach also aims to reduce instances of data mismatches and fraudulent operations.
According to a recent message from EPFO, as stated by the various reports, inconsistent data maintenance and a lack of standardization have resulted in document tampering and incidents of fraud.
Proof of modifications to the papers is required. This rule applies to both small and substantial changes. A minimum of two papers must be supplied for minor changes. Three papers are required for more significant adjustments.
The Following Is The Method For Making Changes
- EPFO members may access their UAN (Universal Account Number) at the following link: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Users should go to the “Joint Declaration” area after logging in.
- They must enter an OTP (One-Time Password) sent to their Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Following that, the appropriate adjustments can be made and the applicable paperwork and documents can be filed.
- Changes involving up to five fields are considered regular, but changes involving more than five fields are considered more difficult and require special consideration. Minor modifications are expected to take up to T+7 days to update, while substantial changes may take up to T+15 days.