Christmas is incomplete if you can’t craft a snowman in winter. The fun of playing snowball fights is out of the world, and it feels inspiring when kids draw snow angels. The lovely vibes of white Christmas are only available in a few parts of India. Many are deprived of these delights, as in most places, there is no snowfall to enjoy, especially in South India (except Lambasingi). So, for you to enjoy riding a sleigh while streaming down from a hill, we have refined the list of the best places to enjoy the snow this Christmas in India that transform into wonderlands in winter.
Six Most Beautiful Places To Enjoy Snow This Christmas
Auli in Uttarakhand
First on the list, as it’s one of the magical places to enjoy snowfalls in Uttrakhand. Every year, during the Christmas season, this place becomes a white paradise. This beautiful Himalayan spot gets heavy snowfall episodes because of which the terrain and every house built on it gets coated with multi-layered snow. If you can’t even imagine the beauty of Auli during Christmas if you haven’t visited yet. Trishul Peak is one of the best places to visit in Auli to enjoy snow-coated hills at Christmas.
The best places you visit in Auli during your Christmas trip: are Trishul Peak, Kuari Pass Trek, Chenab Lake, Nanda Devi, Roopkund Lake, and Valley Of Flowers.
Best activities to do in Auli this Christmas: Skiing, visiting Auli Artificial Lake, visiting Nanda Devi National Park, Ropeway Rides, Camping, a trip to Joshimath, Trekking, Hiking, and Bird Watching.
Best resorts to stay in Auli during your Christmas trip: Clifftop Club Resort, The Royal Village Resort, The Tattva Resort Blue Poppy, Resorts Dream Mountain and Resort Manik Resort.
Kufri in Himachal Pradesh
Every year, from mid-December to February, Kufri gets a tremendous amount of snowfall. This beautifully snowclad town located near Shimla is one of the best hill stations in India to enjoy the fun of snow on Christmas. There are some nights in Kufri when it feels like -5 degrees celsius in winter.
- The best places in Kufri to visit during Christmas:
- Mahasu Peak, Kufri Valley, The Himalayan Nature Park, Indira Tourist Park, Kufri Fun World, Green Valley, Fagu, and many more.
- Best places to stay in Kufri:
- Sterling Kufri, Radisson Kufri, Treebo Trend Snow View Resort, Kufri Holiday Resort, and The Twin Towers Hotel.
- Things to do in Kufri during winter visits:
- Skiing, Trekking, Wildlife exploration, Horse Riding, Snow Trail Camping, Photography, Hiking, Shopping stuff, Yak Ride, and Tobogganing.
Patnitop in Jammu & Kashmir
Patnitop, is a famous hill station resting near the foothills of Pir Panjal Range, Udhampur district, Jammu & Kashmir. It will be one of the best places in India to enjoy the snow this Christmas. Patnitop will blow your mind during visits from December to February when its beauty is at its peak level, being coated with snow.
- Best spots to visit in Patnitop during Christmas: Nathatop, Naag Mandir, Billoo Ki Powri, Kud Park, Madhatop, Shiva Ghar, Sanasar Lake, and Baglihar Dam.
- Best hotels to stay in Patnitop in winter: Hotel Samson, Hotel Green Top, One Earth Heritage, Hotel Trinetar Resorts, Hotel Holiday Inn, Krystal Hotel Restaurant, Akas Resort, Misty Pines, Hotel Jai Shree, and ADB Rooms.
- Things to do in snow-clad Patnitop: Trekking, Skiing, visiting Naag Mandir, Beautiful landscape sightseeing, and Paragliding. Visit Sanasar, sightsee Mantalai Lake,
Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh
Tawang is a scenic spot in India. It’s the most picturesque place on Earth to enjoy the winters and one of the best places in India to enjoy the fun of snow this Christmas. You will love the mesmerising beauty of the snow-coated hills, valleys, villages and more. So, after reading this if you are planning a trip then you should know that the best time to visit this white heaven is from December to January.
- Best spots to visit in Tawang during Christmas: Sela Pass, Bumla Pass, Tawang Buddhist Monastery, Nuranang Falls, Madhuri Lake, Jaswant Garh, and Pangateng Tso Lake.
- Best hotels to stay in Tawang: Hotel Tawang Heights, Hotel Tawang Holiday, Pemaling Lords Inn Dirang, Gonpalok Homestay and The Eaglenest Residency.
- Things to do in Tawang when it snow coated: visit Taktsang Gompa, hike to Gorichen Peak, sightsee at Sela Pass and Bumla Pass, shop at Tibetan Settlement Market, enjoy the beauty of Nuranang Waterfalls, spend some time in Shonga-Tser Lake, smack your taste buds while feasting in The Dragon Restaurant, and visiting Madhuri Lake.
Lachung-Yumthang-Zero Point in Sikkim
Sikkim is one place that can be called out of this world. It’s home to several heart-throbbing hill stations and one such is Lachung-Yumthang-Zero Point. The best time to visit this place is between December to around mid-March. This spot gets a heavy amount of snowfall every year that coats every house in the entire town.
- Best spots to visit in Lachung-Yumthang-Zero Point during Christmas: Lachen, Yumthang Valley, Lachung Monastery, Chopta Valley, Zero Point, Bhim Nala Falls, and Seven Sisters Waterfalls.
- Best hotels to stay in Lachung-Yumthang-Zero Point: The Lachung Inn, Yarlam Resort, Yashshree Lachung, and Golden Kang,
- Things to do in Lachung-Yumthang-Zero Point when it snows coated: Trekking to Yumthang Valley and Mount Katao, visiting Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary, Mask Dance at Lachung Monastery, Excursion to Zero Point, Visiting the Bhim Nala Waterfalls, and sightseeing at Sacred Stone of Naydo.
Khajjiar in Himachal
Khajjiar, while people call it the Switzerland of India, it’s a place which should be on your do list before you die. If you want to enjoy playing in thick snow piles and buffs then it’s your dream holiday destination. You will love scenic sports there, where the small river flows and everything looks white like milk in winter. The best time to visit Khajjiar is between December to January.
- Best spots to visit in Khajjiar during Christmas: Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, Khajjiar Lake, Khajji Nag Temple, Dainkund Peak, Panchpula, Golden Devi Temple, Kailash Villages, and Chamunda Devi Temple.
- Best hotels to stay in Khajjiar: Deodar Bungalow, Gautam Guest House, Anjali Cottage – Homestay In, Valley View Rooms close to Khajjiar Lake, and Royal Residency.
- Things to do in Khajjiar: sightseeing, trekking, visiting temples, enjoying scenic views, hiking to Dainkund Peak (the highest snowclad point) and more.