To register a nomination for your Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account request a withdrawal, or for any other purpose as a new employee, you must provide the correct mobile number. You are required to link your mobile number and EPF UAN number.
The Universal Account Number, or UAN, is a 12-digit number given to each member registered in the Employees’ Provident Fund scheme by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
This information is important for EPFO subscribers to know. Multiple member IDs issued by an employee operate under one UAN, and the UAN number is required for all EPF-related operations.
All EPF-related operations, including passbook balance updates, advance withdrawals, and even ultimate payment after retirement, depend on the Universal Account Number.
According to EPFO regulations and guidelines, you should link your mobile number to your UAN. You will get all provident fund account updates via your registered mobile phone after you attach your mobile number to your UAN.
If you are a new member of the Employees’ Provident Fund, you should attach your mobile phone as soon as possible. Additionally, if you receive a new mobile number, you must update your EPFO profile immediately. On the EPFO website, EPF users just need to enter the cellphone number associated with their Aadhaar card.
How Do I Connect My Mobile Number To My EPF UAN?
- To start, visit the official website https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Then choose the ‘For Employees’ option on the webpage.
- Selecting the ‘Member UAN/Online services’ next will bring up the login screen.
- You will then need to log in by entering your UAN number, password, and OTP.
- Next, select the ‘Contact information’ link.
- Then, select Change Mobile Number after clicking on the Verify option.
- You must then click “Get OTP” after entering your Aadhaar-linked cellphone number.
- Send the request in.