The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) offers an eWallet that can be used as a payment option when purchasing train tickets. Multiple aspects of the IRCTC eWallet are free of charge, such as online wallet top-up, no dependence on a particular bank’s network, and simple payments if a ticket is cancelled. Transaction history, wallet payment history, and transaction password security features are also available on the IRCTC eWallet app.
According to IRCTC’s website, it “provides secure booking through IRCTC eWallet by requiring the entry of a transaction password or PIN Number for each booking made through IRCTC eWallet.” Furthermore, you can still use your IRCTC eWallet account to order tickets even if one of the banks listed goes down.
Steps To Use Your Use IRCTC eWallet
- Enter your IRCTC login information at https://www.irctc.co.in.
- If this is your first time using IRCTC, you will need to first register for an account.
- Select the ‘IRCTC Exclusive’ button and then the IRCTC eWallet tab.
- Put in the password for the IRCTC transaction. This is only necessary if your IRCTC account has not confirmed your PAN or Aadhaar number.
- Click “Submit” when finished.
- You will be taken to the IRCTC homepage.
- Log in again using your credentials.
- Click on eWallet under the ‘IRCTC Exclusive’ tab.
- Next, select ‘IRCTC eWallet Deposit’ and continue with the payment process, which offers many alternatives including credit card, debit card, net banking, and UPI.
- After completing this, go to the IRCTC website to purchase train tickets.