The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) is a savings system introduced by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and looked after by the Government of India. Corporations or business organizations that employ paid workers open an EPFO account for them. Following the establishment of the account, both the employee and the employer contribute an equal amount to savings that may be used when the employee retires or moves jobs. The current EPF contribution interest rate is 8.15 percent.
Employees are given a Universal Account Number (UAN) to access their EPF account. It is important to link the UAN with their Aadhaar card number to use the EPFO’s numerous services.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card with the UMANG app
- Step 1: Open the UMANG app and sign in with your ‘MPIN’ or OTP.
- Step 2: After login in, go to the ‘All Services Tab’ and choose ‘EPFO’.
- Step 3: Select ‘e-KYC services’ from the EPFO section.
- Step 4: Select the ‘Aadhaar Seeding’ option from the ‘e-KYC services’ menu.
- Step 5: Enter your UAN and press the ‘Get OTP’ button. With your EPF Account, you will receive an OTP on your registered cellphone number.
- Step 6: Enter your Aadhaar details. You will be sent an OTP to your registered cellphone number and email address once more.
- Step 7: After completing the OTP verification, your Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN.
Steps to check if your Aadhaar card is linked to your EPF account or not
- Step 1: Go to the EPFO’s official website.
- Step 2: Log in with your UAN and password.
- Step 3: On the member homepage, check for Aadhaar in the page’s information.
- Step 4: If the phrase ‘validated (DEMOGRAPHIC)’ appears next to your Aadhaar number, it means that your Aadhaar has been linked to the EPF account and has been validated by UIDAI.