Revised ITR, needed when a person detects any type of omission in the statement report in the already filed Income Tax Return, is filed with an e-filing portal to correct those detected mistakes. The Revised return can be filed till the end of the assessment year at any time of the day.
Here Are The Steps To File Your Revised ITR Online.
- Go to the Income Tax e-Filing portal.
- Log in to the e-Filing portal by entering your user ID (PAN), Password, and Captcha code and click ‘Login’.
- Click on the ‘e-File’ menu and click the ‘Income Tax Return’ link.
- On Income Tax Return Page:
- Your PAN will be auto-populated
- Select ‘Assessment Year’
- Select ‘ITR form Number’
- Select ‘Filing Type’ as ‘Original/Revised Return’
- Select ‘Submission Mode’ as ‘Prepare and Submit Online
- In the Online ITR Form under the ‘General Information’ Tab, Choose the ‘Return Filing Section’ as ‘Revised return under section 139(5)’ and ‘Return filing type’ as ‘Revised’.
- Enter the ‘Acknowledgement Number’ and ‘Date of filing’ of the Original Return filed.
Note: It is mandatory to enter a 15-digit Acknowledgement Number while filing the revised return online. For the Paper Filed Original return of the acknowledgement number received is less than 15 digits, kindly suffix the acknowledgement number with Zero(s).
Also read:GST On Cash Withdrawals, ICU Beds, Clarified By FM Sitharaman
- Fill or correct the relevant details of the online ITR form and submit the ITR.
- e-Verify the returns for faster processing and quicker refunds or Send the ITR-V through normal or speed post to “Centralised Processing Centre, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru-560500”