Are you sick and tired of having bad internet access stopping you from completing an online UPI transaction? Well, don’t worry. Without internet access, UPI payments are still possible. Curious as to how? Below we have mentioned the process of conducting UPI transactions without an internet connection.
What is the offline UPI payment number?
NPCI first introduced *99#, a USSD-based mobile banking service, in November 2012. You can use *99# to access UPI without accessing the internet. The service is accessible all around the nation. Additionally, when utilizing this service, you can select the language in which you feel most comfortable. There is no cost for the service.
The *99# service was launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to handle UPI transactions across several Indian banks. According to sources, all you have to do is call the USSD number on your registered mobile phone to complete the transaction. An interactive menu will appear on the mobile device. The maximum is now Rs. 5,000 per transaction.
How to register for offline UPI payments?
You must first enable that feature on your phone in order to use the offline UPI transaction mechanism. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial for that:
- To start, press *99# on your phone’s dialer. You can conduct offline transactions for UPI and other associated operations by giving this number a call.
- After that, you will be prompted to choose the language of your choice. Of the thirteen alternatives, you are free to select any one. Next, you’ll be prompted to input your bank’s IFSC code in the text area.
- If you are doing this procedure on a smartphone, you will see options for every account that is linked to the phone number. To attach the appropriate bank account number and configure the payment method, enter “1,” “2,” or another choice.
- To finish the verification procedure, you will next be prompted to input the last six numbers of your debit card and its expiration date.
- Your offline UPI payment capability will be enabled if all of the supplied data is accurate.
How to do offline UPI payments?
You may begin conducting UPI transactions offline once you have configured your offline UPI payment capability. The following procedures, according to Cleartax, outline how to utilize and make a payment using UPI offline:
- Turn on your phone, dial the USSD code *99#, and place a call.
- From all the options that are displayed on your screen, choose “1,” or “Send Money.”
- The UPI ID you wish to utilize for the transaction must then be entered. If both are connected, you may also enter the number associated with your bank account or registered phone number.
- Next, enter the desired payment amount (which should not exceed Rs. 5,000) and verify it when prompted.
- To validate the transaction, the UPI system will ask you to enter your PIN. It should be easy to make a payment after entering the right UPI PIN.
It is crucial that you be aware that you can stop using UPI offline by calling *99# from your registered phone number once more and following the on-screen instructions.
When can offline UPI payments be done?
Fund transfer requests may be started via the *99# service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays, according to NPCI. In a similar vein, money sent through the *99# service is available for the recipient to receive 24/7.