EPFO is a government organization that encourages employees to save for retirement. The EPFO’s purpose is to encourage employees to save for retirement through a range of worker-inclusive programs. One of its main systems, the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), is regarded to be a mandatory contribution plan for employees. As part of this, both employers and workers can contribute regularly to ensure employees’ financial stability.
Members can also make a complaint on the EPFO portal if they have any issues or concerns with their EPF. This can include, among other things, claims, deposits, account balances, and employer anomalies. EPF members can utilize the EPF i-Grievance Management System (EPFiGMS) to file complaints or grievances online.
What Is The EPFO Portal?
EPFO established a specialized portal to address concerns regarding EPFO services. Any complaints made via the site are sent to the proper authority and responded to within a certain time range. EPF members can utilize the EPFiGMS portal to not only file complaints but also obtain answers to their inquiries.
Members can register complaints and concerns at any time, according to the EPFO, and they will be sent to the relevant department. Complaints can also be sent to the Delhi headquarters or one of the country’s field offices. It also allows EPF members to check the status of existing complaints and requests.
Here’s how to file a complaint against the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF)
- Step 1: Go to the EPF i-Grievance Management System’s official website at https://epfigms.gov.in/.
- Step 2: Choose ‘Register Grievance’ from the top-right option adjacent to the homepage.
- Step 3: You will be sent to a new page with four alternatives based on your current condition.
- Step 4: Finally, enter your Universal Account Number (UAN) and security code.
- Step 5: Search and then click ‘Get Details’ to get all of your information. (Your information, such as your name, UAN, cellphone number, and email address, will be displayed on the screen).
- Step 6: Click ‘Get OTP’ and enter the OTP sent to your registered phone number.
- Step 7: On the website, you’ll see a ‘Personal Details’ box; go there and enter your applicable PF number.
- Step 8: Next, navigate to the ‘Grievance Details’ area and select the sort of grievance you wish to file, being sure to include a detailed explanation.
- Step 9: Select the documents to be uploaded and click the ‘Add’ button.
- Step 10: By completing this approach, your complaint will be recorded, and you will be given a registration number that will allow you to track the progress of your complaint and the actions that have been taken.
Steps To Verify The Progress Of The Complaint
- Visit the EPF i-Grievence Management System’s official website at https://epfigms.gov.in/.
- Look for and choose the ‘View Status’ option in the Menu bar on the webpage.
- You must enter the registration number you were given when you filed the complaint.
- Along with the security code, you will be prompted to enter the grievance password, your cellphone number, or your email address.
- Then add your correct information and press the submit button.
- The status of your complaint will be displayed on the screen.