Wondering about your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) savings? Are you curious to know how much you’ve put aside for the future? In this blog post, we’ve got you covered with four easy ways to check your EPF balance. Whether you prefer doing it online or using your mobile phone, we’ve made it simple for you.
How to Check PF Balance Online?
In the era of technology, many prefer doing things online from the comfort of home. And who can blame them? It makes sense to enjoy countless benefits without leaving the house.
Via EPFO Portal
To see your EPF balance on the EPFO portal, first, make sure your UAN (Universal Account Number) is activated. Once that’s done, follow these steps:
- Log in to the EPFO portal with your login details.
- Click on “Our Services.”
- Choose “For employees” from the dropdown menu.
- Under “Services,” click “Member Passbook.”
- Enter your UAN and password on the login page.
- Once logged in, easily view your current EPF balance in the passbook.
Via UMANG App
- Open UMANG and find “EPFO” on the home screen under “Employee Centric Services.”
- Click “Member,” then “Balance/Passbook.”
- Enter your UAN and registered mobile number.
- After verification, view your updated EPF balance.
- If there’s a UAN-mobile mismatch, an error message will show up.
How to Check PF Balance Offline?
No tech skills? No problem! You can still check your EPF balance offline. Here’s how:
Did you get your UAN linked with your KYC? Awesome! Now, just drop a quick SMS in the given format to the assigned mobile number to check your EPF balance. Easy peasy!
Just replace [Language code] with the first three letters of your preferred language. For instance, if you like English, use “ENG” as the code. Shoot the SMS to 7738299899. Easy, right?
Via Missed Call
Another way to check your EPF balance is with a quick missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number. Just make sure your UAN is hooked up with your KYC details, and you’ll get an SMS with your EPF info after the missed call. Easy, right?