A Domicile certificate or residence certificate is essential for proving one’s residency in a state. If you are in Delhi, then you must know that the Department of Revenue, Government of NCT issues a domicile certificate. Once you have obtained this certificate, you can take advantage of all the services and programs provided by the government. In addition to this, the certificate also becomes evidence of residence checked by loan lending institutions.
You can apply for a Domicile certificate if you fulfil the following criteria:
- You should be an Indian citizen.
- Either the applicant or his or her parents should be residing for at least three years in the territorial jurisdiction of the NCT of Delhi.
- The applicant should have government service or a transferable job.
- Certificate from Employer/Chairman or Gram Panchayat/Chairman or Nagar Panchayat
- Ration Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- House Tax / Water Tax
- Electricity Bill
- Aadhaar card
- Bank Passbook
How To Apply For Domicile Certificate Online In Delhi?
Here is a step to step guide to applying for a Domicile certificate online in Delhi:
- Visit the official website of the Delhi Government.
- Select “Apply for Certificates Online” which is available on the home page.
- Log in with the portal using your User ID and Password.
- Under the “Apply Online” menu, click on “Apply for services”.
- From the application form below, click on “Apply”.
- Fill in all the needed details in the application form and pin all the requested documents.
- Finally, finish the process by clicking on “Submit”.
- Please take a print of the acknowledgement number you will receive at the end of the process.
In this article, we learnt about the steps to apply for a domicile certificate online in Delhi. If you want to get one for yourself, then please follow the steps mentioned in this article carefully. Also, share this article with people who will be able to take help from this article.