If you’re suspecting yourself of travelling abroad in the near future then you know you will need a passport, right? A passport is a universal need and it’s mandatory to have one for a person to travel abroad irrespective of his or her nationality, class, status or position. In simple words, it’s an essential document because of which you will be allowed to travel outside of your country. That’s why we have picked this crucial topic for our readers to know how to get one in simple steps.
How To Apply For A Passport Online?
Official Passport Seva Online Portal is all you need to get either a fresh passport or to apply for a renewal. On this portal, you will be filing and submitting a specific form to start the process. Here are the steps to being with:
- First, visit the official website.
- In case you are an existing user and want to get your passport reissued, click on ‘Existing User Login’, mentioned on the homepage.
- But if you are a new user then register yourself on this website and log in with your generated credentials.
- On the next page you will see these options:
- View Saved/Submitted Applications
- Apply for a Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate
- Apply for a Diplomatic/Official Passport
- Apply for an Identity Certificate
- Apply for a Surrender Certificate
- Apply for Background Verification for GEP
- Apply for LoC Permit
- View Submitted Appeal(s)
- Log Appeal
- Now. click on the ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’ link.
- On the next page, either you fill out the form online and submit it right away or you can download the form then fill it up and upload it online. The choice is yours.
- Then, after submitting, click on ‘View Saved/Submitted Applications’, then click on ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’.
- Next, complete the payment process and move on to the next phase.
- After the payment process, click on the ‘Print Application Receipt’ option and book your appointment.
- Now, the only thing left is to choose a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO) for scheduling the appointment.