To perform major banking tasks a person must have his or her permanent mobile number registered to the bank account. As per SBI or State Bank of India, a customer with a linked mobile number to his bank account can track all transactions anytime, check bank balance, download statements through net banking, etc. Furthermore, the customers will be immediately informed if the bank found any fraudulent transaction in the account. So, now you know the importance of registering or updating your registered mobile number with your bank account. Now learn how to do it with simple steps.
Steps to Register or Update Your SBI Mobile Number Via Internet Banking
- First, visit the official website with this link.
- Now to proceed with changing your mobile number, click on ‘Profile-Personal Details’ and choose to change your mobile number in the ‘My Account’s section.
- You can choose your account number, in case you have multiple accounts, for which you want to change the number.
- Enter your new mobile number and submit.
- Now your new mobile number will be used to send notifications.
Also read:Complete These 5 Financial Tasks Before March 2023 Ends Related to ITR, PAN, Aadhaar, Etc
Steps to Register or Update Your SBI Mobile Number via ATM
- First, visit the nearest ATM point.
- From the available options on the screen choose ‘Register’.
- Then enter your ATM PIN.
- Next, tap on the ‘Mobile Number Registration’ option from the menu.
- Select ‘Change Mobile Number’.
- Then you will have to first verify your previous mobile number.
- Next, you will enter the new mobile and verify it as well.
- The verification will be completed through OTP.