We all know, how the Covid-19 pandemic has an impact on people’s mental health. Therefore, it becomes important to take care of stress and anxiety. Over the internet, many food therapist and other experts have given tips to overcome and/or manage them.
Food Therapist Dr. Ria Banerjee Ankola taken Instagram sharing how anxiety is not restricted to feeling scared.
- A restlessness you can’t explain
- Feeling uncomfortable in your own skin
- Feeling isolated as you struggle to explain how you truly feel
- Anticipation for everything, even a walk down the street
- Many, many physical symptoms
- Intrusive thoughts and overthinking about everything
- A rollercoaster of emotions
- Extreme exhaustion
Earlier, union health minister Dr Harsh Vardhan had also shared how “protecting your mental health is important for your overall well-being. In these challenging times, inculcate healthy practices in your routine and reach out for help to beat any anxiety.”
He also added to his statement that “Anxiety associated with Covid-19 pandemic may lead to psychological issues.” Dr. Harsh Vardhan shared few things that people can follow to deal with stress and anxiety.
- Exercise and meditate regularly
- Virtually connect with family and friends
- Sleep adequately
- Cultivate new skills
- Eat a balanced diet