The integration of SBI credit cards on the RuPay platform with UPI has been jointly announced by SBI Card and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
Customers of SBI Card can now use their credit cards from RuPay to complete UPI transactions. To use this feature, cardholders must register their credit card with third-party UPI applications. Customers utilizing SBI Cards on the RuPay platform for transactions with UPI merchants will have more options thanks to this integration.
Cardholders can register their active primary cards on the UPI platform and use their credit cards to make payments to retailers. Customers are not charged for this feature. The mobile number registered with SBI Card should also be linked with UPI in order to facilitate the successful linking of credit cards with the payment system.
Rama Mohan Rao Amara, MD & CEO of SBI Card, added, “Through this functionality, SBI Card customers will gain the ability to utilize their RuPay credit cards issued by SBI Card on the UPI platform. It is anticipated that this will lead to a substantial upsurge in the utilization of credit cards within the industry.”
Dilip Asbe MD & CEO at NPCI, said in India’s development of digital payments, the addition of SBI RuPay Credit Cards to the UPI infrastructure is a crucial turning point.
Dilip Asbe MD & CEO also added “Given the increasing demand for credit cards within the nation, it becomes imperative to continually create innovative payment solutions such as the integration of RuPay Credit Cards with UPI, solutions that are characterized by convenience, rapidity, and security,”.
Steps To Make Point Of Sale (PoS) Payments With UPI On Your Credit Card
- First, you need to scan the merchant UPI QR code with your preferred UPI medium.
- In the next step, you need to enter the amount to be paid.
- Select the SBI Rupay Credit Card linked with your UPI.
- Lastly, you have to enter the 6-digit UPI pin for completing the transaction.
Steps To Make Point An E-Commerce Merchant Using With UPI On Your Credit Card
- Choose your preferred UPI medium linked to your credit card as your method of payment at the merchant website or app.
- Select the registered SBI RuPay Credit card from the list of available accounts after logging into the UPI-Enabled App.
- Utilize your 6-digit UPI PIN to verify the payment.
- A payment acknowledgment will appear.
- When the transaction is complete, you will be taken to the merchant page.