Monsoon wedding sounds exciting but one has to remain cautious about the effects of pouring drops on the wedding attire. We have some cool tips and tricks that go well for both bride and groom. Read on to find out these tips and how they can help you in making your monsoon wedding perfect.
Tips For Monsoon Wedding
Monsoon weddings look vivid and romantic on screen but things are different when you give them a reality check. Let’s dig in for tips and tricks.
- Fabric – Be specific about the fabric of your wedding attire. Choose breathable and comfortable fabrics like cotton-silk blends, chanderi, georgette, pure chiffon, or organza. The wedding attire has to be worn for long hours and there should be no compromise with the comfort.
- Color – Next thing that requires attention after selecting the fabric is color. It is advisable to opt for bright and positive colors including electric blue, fuchsia pink, burgundy, emerald green, or classic red. In case you cannot stick to one color among these, choose pastels for your lehengas and gowns.
- Layering – Most will say that layering is for winters. But that’s not the case every time. Carry a lightweight dupatta if you are layering your dress with a jacket. In case you accidentally get slightly wet, layering can save your attire and overall look.
- Footwear – No, we are not suggesting you go with heels. The ground is wet and muddy in monsoons and heels can’t be the best option. Juttis and low-heel sandals can be worn. Wearing sneakers with wedding attire is both comfortable and trendy, give it a try!
- Makeup – Any wedding attire is useless unless and until you have perfectly finished water-proof makeup. Use a setting spray so that the makeup stays for a longer period.
- Hairstyle – Lastly, a good hairstyle can enhance your overall look. Use hair pins and accessories which are not heavy. A bun is the best as it helps you in being comfortable despite the humidity in the monsoon wedding.
What do you love about monsoon weddings? Share your thoughts with us.