Title Tags Can Be A Google Ranking Factor?
Well, the most frequent question that comes to our mind is, what to consider as Google ranking factor? As there are many different elements that contribute to ranking a website. But as title tags are the boldest and most visible part of any website that appears in organic search results. It is common that you absolutely think of them as a ranking factor. Despite this, another question with your belief arrives that, is it possible to overvalue the title tags to boost the website’s ranking?
Instead of some doubts if we consider the Title tags as Google’s ranking factor. There are two major questions that come to our mind which are:
- How much value does Google consider for a title tag?
- How much do they contribute to SEO?
To find the answers to these questions. Let’s take a look at the claims and Google’s statement on how the search engine uses the title tags.
Also read:SEO: Major Reasons TO Use SEO in 2022
The Claims which Are Responsible To Think Title Tags As Ranking Factors
- When a person Google about something the first thing that catches the attraction is Title Tags. They are the most visible and eye-catching part of your website’s page.
- The page title appears everywhere your article or post ranks. Then only the visitor reads about meta description if the title is favourable.
Now It’s Time For The Pieces Of Evidence Which Points Towards Title Tags As A Google Ranking Factor
- It is true that Google uses HTML title tags to understand what your post is all about. Title tags show your article’s relevancy in the organic search.
- Google’s official SEO guide suggests using accurate, effective, exceptional, & informative titles for your articles.
Google’s SEO expert John Mueller states that “We do use [the title tag] for ranking, but it’s not the most critical part of a page. So it’s not worthwhile filling it with keywords to kind of hope that it works that way.”
He clarifies more that “Titles are important! They are important for SEO. They are used as a ranking factor. Of course, they are definitely used as a ranking factor, but it is not something where I’d say the time you spend on tweaking the title is really the best use of your time.”