So, you have booked train tickets online for your journey but the train got cancelled and the refund is due. To solve this problem we will tell you a simple solution which you can perform on your comfy sofa online. Usually, if the train is cancelled due to any reason the full refund is initiated, except for third party charges, within 3-7 business days. So, there is no need of filing a TDR or Ticket Deposit Receipt for your refund. However, if your train is late for more than 3 hours and you are not travelling on it, then you will have to file a TDR online before the departure.
A Short Guide on How to Get Refund by Filing TDR or Ticket Deposit Receipt
- To file TDT, first log in to the IRCTC’s official website or the official app. You can download the app from Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- After login, go to my account settings and select the ‘My Transaction’ option.
- Click on file TDR.
- This is the direct link to get your counter ticket cancelled.
- Fill in the details like PNR number, and train number.
- Tick the cancellation rule checkbox and complete captcha verification.
- After clicking on the submit button you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Once you submit the OTP you will see the PNR number.
- “After verifying the PNR details, click on the cancel ticket option. After this, you will be able to see the refund amount on the page. You will also get a confirmation message on the number given on the booking form which will have the information of PNR and refund.”
Also read:Here’s How You Can Book Entire Coach or Train with IRCTC
“Railway puts up a list of cancelled trains on its website for the passengers’ convenience. NTES app also has information about this. You will have to check the railway website to know the status of the train. If a person wants to see the entire list of cancelled trains, they should click on the Exceptional Trains section on the railway website,” mentioned News18.