Through the official EPFO portal, PF members are allowed to transfer their old PF amount to the new PF account. There are just a few steps to follow to complete this process efficiently. EPFO transfer process is quick, easy and reliable. It enables employees to take their PF amount with them while changing jobs, without having the need to request someone, to be physically present or to submit the hard copy of their documents. However, the process requires uploading a soft copy of their documents.
PF Amount Transfer Process
Who’s Eligible to Transfer PF Amount?
The following requirements are to be fulfilled if an employee wants to transfer his PF amount to a new account:
- The employee should have his or her UAN activated on the UAN portal and the mobile number should be linked and registered.
- Bank KYC must be updated on the UAN portal. The details will include the account number and IFSC code that is verified by the employer.
- An Aadhaar card must be seeded into a PF account.
- The date of joining and date of exit with the reason must be mentioned on the portal.
Simple Steps to Transfer PF Amount to a New Account With EPFO Portal:
- Now login into the official EPFO account.
- Click the ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request’ option under ‘Online Services’.
- Now assess your personal information and fill up your PF account details.
- If you want to view the details of previous employment, click on ‘‘Get Details’.
- Now, choose a present or previous employer through which you want to complete the attestation process. After that provide your UAN or member ID.
- Now complete the OTP verification process. Which you will receive on your register.
- Next, a pre-filled PF transfer form will be generated for you. Download it.
- The same form will be sent to your previous or present employer, whoever is chosen by you to complete the attestation process.