We often visit shops to get foreign breeds but did you know that the Indian subcontinent also offers you varied types of dogs which are beautiful and have unique features?
Let me take you through this article where I will share some of the best looking dogs in India that you can adopt if you are looking to get a dog home.
1. Indian Pariah
2. Gaddi Kutta
3. Bakharwal Dog
4. Kumaon Mastiff
5. Rajapalayam Dog
7. Indian Spitz
8. Vanjari Hound
Why should I adopt a dog?
There are multiple reasons why you should adopt a dog instead of buying one from a pet shop and I am listing the major ones below:
- Local dogs are not required to get accustomed to the environment.
- Local dogs would require basic care to live a healthy life.
- You will give shelter to someone in need.
- Local dog adoption will contribute to finishing the status symbol trend related to getting an expensive dog breed.
- Every dog is cute and deserves a home.
- Lesser disease because of staying in their native climate hence lesser vet expense.
- Easy to care for as they can survive on the streets too.
In this article, we learnt about 9 types of dogs in India which have originated from the Indian subcontinent. While being local breeds, they have the ultimate qualities for being a house dog and will also be cost-effective for you.
If you are looking forward to opening your home to a dog, let it be a local breed that is actually looking for a home to thrive in.