The Blue Aadhaar card is also known as the Baal Aadhaar card. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues Complimentary Aadhaar cards to children aged 0 to 5 years. The Baal Aadhaar card is also known as the blue Aadhar card because it is blue in color and is free for children under the age of five.
No fingerprints will be collected for Blue Aadhaar or Baal Aadhaar cards for minors under the age of five. Their unique identification number (UID) will be handled based on demographic information and a face picture connected to their parents’ UID. These children will need to refresh their biometrics (ten digits, iris, and face picture) when they reach the ages of five and fifteen. The initial Aadhaar document will contain an indication to that end.
Documents required for the blue aadhaar card
- The birth document of the kid
- Aadhar card name of parents
- A child’s passport-sized photograph
- Address Validation (POA)
- Parents need to provide Evidence of Connection (POR)
A step-by-step guide for applying for the blue aadhaar card offline
- The parents have to visit the nearest aadhaar enrolment center along with all the above-mentioned important documents.
- The next step is to fill out an application form and attach all the required documents and also provide your aadhaar information.
- Parents need to fill in mobile numbers for the registration of their child’s blue aadhaar card.
- A picture will be clicked by the aadhaar center representative which will be used as the picture on the aadhaar card.
- Your documents will be reviewed and verified, a confirmation message will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- The blue aadhaar card will be issued within 60 days of verification and review.
A step-by-step guide for applying for the blue aadhaar card online
- The first step is to visit the official website of UIDAI
- The next step is to click on the aadhaar card registration tab.
- After that, you need to enter all important details such as phone number, name of the child, and email.
- The next step is to fill out all the demographic information.
- The next step is to click on the “fix appointment” tab and schedule your appointment.
- The applicant can select the nearest center for the further process.
Some key points of owning a blue aadhaar card for children
- It can be used as a child’s identity proof.
- All the government schemes can be availed by the applicant.
- No need to provide the biometric details of the child.
- Once a child is above the age of 5, the blue aadhaar card will be invalid.
- The blue aadhaar card also has 12 digit unique identification number on the card.
I want uidai website
Adhar operator superwiser