The World Happiness Report 2021 is released by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network. Once again, Finland stays at the top of the list of World Happiness Report 2021. In this list, India is ranked at 139 out of 149 countries. Previously, India was ranked 140th on the list of UN World Happiness Report 2019.
UNSDSN has published 200+ pages World Happiness Report 2021. This report includes the following:
- Overview: Life under COVID-19
- Happiness, Trust and Deaths under COVID-19
- COVID-19 Prevalence and Well-being: Lessons from East Asia
- Reasons for Asia-Pacific Success in Suppressing COVID-19
- Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Social Connection and Well-Being during COVID-19
- Work and Well-being during COVID-19: Impact, Inequalities, Resilience, and the Future of Work
- Living Long and Living Well: The WELLBY Approach
What is the World Happiness Report?
The World Happiness Report is a type of publication of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network. It includes a ranking of national happiness and articles, depending on the respondent ratings of their own lives. Also, the report depends on different life factors.
The World Happiness Report mainly uses data received from the Gallup World Poll. The Gallup World Poll questionnaire focuses on a few key areas including business & economic; communication & technology; citizen engagement; education & families; emotions; food & shelter; law & order; and more. Every year, it publishes a report on its official website. As per the World Happiness Report, Finland stays in the top four times in a row.
Also Read: 39% of Indian companies have women CXOs
Brief Details to the World Happiness Report
The World Happiness Report 2021 mainly concentrates on the impacts of COVID-19 and the ways in which people have fared all across the globe. The report says that the aim of this year report was two-fold, such as –
- To focus on the Covid-19 impacts on the quality and structure of people’s lives
- To examine, evaluate, and explain the ways in which the government have dealt with this pandemic
Moreover, they try to explain why some countries have resulted better than others.
Get a complete World Happiness Report 2021