After Delhi, the Uttar Pradesh government has also made it mandatory for all vehicles to get the high-security registration plate (HSRP) for all categories of vehicles.
In fresh deadline, the government has said that all the vehicle owners in UP need to have the High-Security Registration Plates (HSRP) by July 2022.
The government has also come up with an online portal to ensure easy availability of the HSRP. Meanwhile, in Delhi, an HSRP number plate is already mandatory and people who don’t have it on their vehicle are being fined Rs 5,500.
You can get yourself the HSRP number plate from – bookmyhsrp.com
But first, what is HSPR?
HSRP is a new standard number plate. The new type of number plate has many features besides only featuring your car number. HSPR number plate comes with a chromium-based 20 mm X 20 mm hologram of Ashoka Chakra that is affixed using at least two non-reusable snap-on locks.
The plate carries a 10-digit PIN, which the authorities can use to keep track of one’s vehicle. These plates also allow in the identification of vehicles based on their fuel type.
How to get an HSPR plate online?
- Visit the official site: https://bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx
- There, you will be asked for details such as Vehicle Number, Chassis Number, Engine Number, Owner Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle Class, Vehicle Type, Fuel type.
- You will also need to choose the type of vehicle, which is Transport or Non-transport. If a personal vehicle, then select “Non-transport”.
- After clicking submit a username and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Login with the username and password to make the payment and a receipt will be generated.
- Keep the printout handy and check the current status of your HSRP on http://hsrphr.com/status.htm
- When your HSRP is ready, you will receive a message.
When applying for the plate or sticker on the website, you won’t be asked to upload any document. All you need to do is keep your vehicle’s RC (registration certificate) in hand for information like registration number, registration date, chassis number and engine number.