The Uttar Pradesh government led by Yogi Adityanath announced a weekend lockdown in the state to arrest Covid-19 spread. In addition to this, the government also said that the night curfew will continue in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh from 8 PM to 7 AM daily.
Additional Chief Secretary, Home Department, Awanish K Awasthi, said “Weekend lockdown to be imposed in UP on Saturdays and Sundays. Lockdown will come into effect on Friday at 8 pm and continue till Monday at 7 am. Only essential services will be allowed. Night curfew will remain imposed in all districts.“
Guidelines Issued by UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- A complete lockdown every Saturday and Sunday in Uttar Pradesh. Night curfew will in action daily in all the 75 districts from 8:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
- Yogi Adityanath urged people not to go out of their homes unless necessary.
- CM has ordered the officials to make proper arrangement for the migrants coming back from different states like Rajasthan, Maharashtra, and Delhi.
- Adityanath urged people to get doses of vaccination as early as possible, starting from May 1.
- Adityanath has made sure that the government will increase the count of beds and COVID hospitals in every district. He ensured for direct and smooth supply of essential drugs.
However, Uttar Pradesh has over 1.91 lakh active cases and 9,800+ people have lost their lives.